University of Connecticut Department of Linguistics

Arjona and Monteith, Mirror Lake, 1960's

Arjona and Monteith, Mirror Lake, 1960's

50 Years of Linguistics at UConn

Founded in 1967 with Arthur Abramson as its chair, the Department of Linguistics at UConn has contributed many fundamental insights to the theoretical and experimental study of language.  The department has a proud tradition of exceptional scholarship and a deep commitment to graduate education.  Students of the program have now successfully defended over 150 dissertations and gone on to many prominent positions in the field. The Department of Linguistics at the University of Connecticut will mark fifty years of scholarly achievement with a celebration on September 7-8, 2018 on the campus at Storrs.  The event will feature talks, discussions, poster sessions and a dinner reception.  All alumni of the Ph.D. program and former faculty are invited to attend.

Contact Us

Phone: (860) 486-4229
ling50@uconn.edu
Address: Department of Linguistics
Oak Hall Rm 368
365 Fairfield Way, Unit 1145
Storrs, CT 06269-1145

Oak Hall

Oak Hall in 2012

The current home of Linguistics in Oak Hall, opened 2012.